Thursday, July 7, 2011

What to do? What to do?

I do not know where I will be in a year. What I will be.

I am about to graduate with my BA.

Which means I need a new blog title, unless I continue on to grad school.

And that is the dilemma.

My attempts to go directly onto my master's work was foiled. Two teachers promised to write me letters of recommendation and have since stopped responding. I briefly thought about stalking them during their office hours, but really...what's the point.

It's kind of discouraging.

I want to go to grad school now.

But what if in a year my priorities have changed?

What if I get accepted to the program of my dreams and decide not to go?

What if I regret that in 20 years?

What if I don't?


So right now I'm stuck.

I'm stuck working a menial job that I hate.

A job that severely stressed me out.

I'm stuck because...I don't want to get a real job and if I decide to go to London for a year for grad school, or the school in Scotland, or even somewhere in the States, have to quit. But I honestly can't see myself staying where I am for another year.

So these are the options I have. I should create a poll and let all 3 of you readers tell me what to do.


1. Stay at home. Stay at work. Be miserable.

2. Begin looking for temporary jobs that are somewhat better than my current one. Jobs that pay more. Stay at home. Save money. Decide later.

3. Apply to grad schools out of the country. The program of my dreams. A degree that only takes a year. The perfect plan. Find someone to write a letter of recommendation.

4. Apply to programs in the States. In my state. In the south. In high quality programs in NYC and LA (I shudder at the thought of living in those places).

5. Look into obtaining certificates without a master's degree. A lot of schools offer publishing and editing certificates to go along with any degree. Search for schools that offer those certificates to non-degree seeking students. Search for school's that offer those programs online.

6. Look into becoming a paralegal and obtaining a certificate in that as well. Not my ideal job, but certainly something high paying and better than what I'm doing right now.


These are all the options that have been running around in my hamster brain this week. I'm not sure what I want to do. They're all good options (besides number 1).

So...what to do? What to do?

1 comments:

The Pensive Journeyman said...

Awww babe.

Answers will come. God will show you. The right doors will open.

I promise.