Thursday, August 13, 2009

500 days of summer

I recently saw 500 Days of Summer. It was one of those movies that I wasn't sure exactly what to feel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't what I was expecting. It brought back the feelings I felt when I first saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I was disappointed. There was no happy ending. It did, however leave open the possibility for happiness.

The movie definitely made me think. Unrequited love. How can you find the person you KNOW is the one for you and have them not feel the same? Does this mean there's more than one person out there for us? Can we truly "fall in love" more than once?

It's the worst feeling in the world to fall for someone and not have those feelings returned. "If only he could realize that we'd be perfect together..."

All I know is, that through all the pain we've all gone through with trying to find "the one," we've learned. We may not realize exactly what we've learned yet, but eventually we may see that it was so and so or such and such that taught us what we really want.


In addition to all that...the soundtrack is excellent.

0 comments: