Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am surprisingly calm at the thought of what I did.

Trying to emulate Caleb's facebook statuses, last night while trying to fall asleep I came up with these.

I am the hollow wood, chiming in the wind.
I am the glowing ember, high above the flame.
I am the ash left after the fire you started.
I am the dying leaf falling to the ground.

But I am none of those things. I am the content cat bathing in the sun coming in through the windows.

Speaking of cats, did you know that peta is trying to petition for the renaming of fish. What do they want to name them you ask? Sea Kittens. Because no one would want to kill a cute little sea kitten.

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

So. Not. Kidding.

My hands are cold. My hands are cold.

This is my favorite song right now:
And my friend calls me up
With her heart heavy still
She says, "Andy, the doctors
Prescribed me the pills.
But I know I'm not crazy
I just lost my will.
So why am I, why am I
Taking them still?"

"I need something to believe in
A breath from the breathing
So write it down,
I don't think that I'll close my eyes
'Cause lately I'm not dreaming
So what's the point in sleeping?
It's just that at night I've got nowhere to hide"

To the sleepless, this is my reply:
I will write you a lullaby

0 comments: