Friday, September 7, 2007

So I'm home again, which a lot of people think is weird, but a) I like my family (and there's a football game tomorrow) and 7) I have to get all my crap off of my old computer (which I'm on now since I can't figure out how to get my mac to get wireless at home) and transfer it to my mac. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I've been losing my trust in Geek Squad. I thought about paying them to transfer all my stuff, but it would have been expensive because I have A LOT of stuff. I asked the guy if I had an external hard drive, if I could put all the PC stuff on it and transfer it to the mac. "Yeah!" he said. Except not. Cause mac doesn't accept the format the hard drive has, so I'm freaking out searching online how to re-format it and I have to like boot my PC in all these weird ways and I'm freaking out because it's talking about erasing everything and I don't know if it means from my whole computer...bah! This probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me so, sorry.

But I've been sorting through crap on my PC, deciding what to keep and what to toss. I came across all these word documents. I used to save quotes. Everyday I'd open a new word document and start again. I'd fill these things up. I swear, I had a ton of them. Most of them were crap looking back, but I came across a few that I decided to save (in ONE document). So here, maybe you'll find them interesting too.

"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have been waiting for countless centuries for somebody ignorant enough of the impossibility to do that thing." - Anonymous

time will pass and wounds will heal
but your walls built up will stay
-secondmonday

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." Good Will Hunting

"God made us: invented us as a man invents an engine. A car is made to run on petrol, and it would not run properly on anything else. Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other. That is why it is just no good asking God to make us happy in our own way without bothering about religion. God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."

C. S. Lewis

Mere Christianity

If God pats me on the back when I get to heaven, then it will definitely be worth anything here on earth.
-Matt T

"I'll be back"
-Jesus

And last, but not least...

But how are we going to get the chickens to wear the rubber pants?
-Pinky from Pinky and the Brain.

0 comments: