Thursday, September 27, 2007

So to catch you up...

So...some stuff to catch you up on:

1) School sucks.
Yeah, it really, really does. I have good classes and good teachers for the most part, but I feel lost and lonely and like I have no place. So what am I going to do? I have absolutely no idea.

2) That crazy church I went to.
I went to this crazy community church not yesterday, but the Wednesday before. I thought it was a youth thing, but it was the whole church. It was supposed to be a worship service where you could worship any way you wanted. Cool right? Not for little traditional me. You know, I thought that I was pretty contemporary. I am compared to some people and places I guess, but...wow. This just freaked me out. I can really see why some people thing Christians are in cults.

First, the preacher was really creepy looking. Nice enough, gave a pretty good sermon (for the little time he was up there, because it was mainly worship). He was laying on the floor during the service. Facedown. I've always been one to get down on my knees when worship was really affecting me. He was facedown on the ground. That's cool though...strange for a pastor, but...cool.

At the beginning of the service he asked that we only do two things. No running up and jumping on the stage...that's not worship. And not worshiping in a way that's distracting to others. Like screaming...that would be distracting.

Out of NOWHERE, this lady started screaming in a different language. She was black and I was like, "Hmm...perhaps this is Afrikaans..." I was hoping hoping hoping it wasn't tongues. Maybe some of you believe that that is okay. Maybe it is okay, but I've been raised to believe that it really isn't. Especially if there's no interpreter. So when the pastor got up on the stage and started screaming the same thing I was like, "Okay this must be some Hebrew saying or something that they say during worship." I had to find out. I went up to him after the service and he said, "I don't know what language I was speaking. That was my prayer language." And then proceeded to tell me that this service was only for believers so he was sorry if it scared me. I am a believer mister...

Right before the end of the service, everyone had to go up in front of the stage and crowd around for the last song. That is when I truly saw the weirdness of this group. This guy standing behind me seriously was chanting. I mean, if that's your way to worship...cool. But boy was it distracting. I'm singing and he's all, "Glory, glory, glory, glory, glory, glory, glory, glory, glory, glory, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, glory, glory, glory."

Wow...

3) I am very unhappy.
I have a lot of things I need to tell people, but I don't want to make things awkward.

4) I am lame.
If you did not already know, I am very lame. I sit in my room all day and play games and do nothing. It's boring.

0 comments: